Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Gentle Wind

I Kings 19:11-13

So He said, "Go forth and stand on the mountain before the LORD." And behold, the LORD was passing by! And a great and strong wind was rending the mountains and breaking in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind. And after the wind and earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire; and after the fire a sound of a gentle blowing. When Elijah heard it, he wrapped his face in his mantle and went out and stood in the entrance of the cave. And behold, a voice came to him and said, "What are you doing here, Elijah?"

On some days, I wonder why we are really over here. But then I read the Word, and I know. We are often times still , and I am very thankful for the opportunity to have this quiet and peaceful time in our lives. The LORD our God is Great, Awesome and All Powerful, and loving, and He reveals Himself to us in unusual ways if we allow Him.

Please continue to be in prayer for our family here. That through loving them and sharing with them, that they can know our Savior.
Posted by Picasa