Sunday, March 30, 2008

Time Change

Finally! It's no fair that all of you have had two full weeks more of longer days than we have! It was a perfect day to change our time too...we had SUNSHINE all day today! It was absolutely wonderful! Christoph and I woke up, listened to our sermon with our coffee (not a bad idea at all). Then Christoph had to go on to work. I went on a walk with Dagmar today, it was so nice. We had a good time. Then, of course, we had to celebrate that the sun was out, so we drove the whole family to town to have ice cream. It was about 50 degrees, and the town was packed with people, which is kind of funny, since nothing is open except for the ice cream and coffee shops. But the streets were packed with people of all ages with ice cream cones and tobogans, just window shopping. It was fun.


Not too much is going on here. We are just waiting out the bad weather and waiting for the Spring and Summer times. This week is supposed to be rainy all week, so back to the gray. We have not been traveling too much lately. This week we did travel to Gmunden on the Traunsee. This is the lake where Christoph went to culinary school. It is truly beautiful here. Gmunden is actually pretty famous for their Ceramics. I didn't even know that, but later on in April, the place will be packed with tourists wanting to get their hands on some of the ceramics, we will definitely be checking that out!


Christoph's job has really turned out to be such a blessing. Especially the conversations that occur with his bosses, the two Greek Brothers. Please continue to be in prayer for them. They are really opening up to Christoph and trusting him, and they treat me like family, and refuse to let me pay for anything at the restaurant (which is kind of a nice break). Christoph asked if they had a Bible to read, and come to find out, they have the Greek Bible in original text - gives you goosebumps. Christoph told him that he is so jealous! I can't wait to see where future conversations go!


My language class only meets 3 more times. My teacher is very nice, and has recommended that I move up to the fourth or fifth class, but we are not sure if there is going to be enough students for the class to make. If it doesn't, I will have to search in another city for this class. I really hope and pray that it does meet, it is the ideal location, time, and with my teacher.