Friday, October 17, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things....


a few more things to add to the list of crisp apfel strudel and schnitzel and noodles...

1. Real Seasons. I love watching the landscape change around me. the fresh air, the trees and the fields are awesome in every season.
***
2. FOOD! What's not to love about Bread, Sausage & Cheese!?!? You could eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday for a whole week and not even eat the same kind more than once!
***
3. Salzburg - I love everything about this city - Mozart, castles, chocolate & gardens! It's my favorite city in the whole world!!
***
4. Riding my bicycle - anywhere I want to go.
***
5. Public Restrooms - There is nothing better than a clean restroom! Austrians may be nit picky clean freaks-but I will not complain about this one! The other day, we found an awesome hand drier by Dyson - it completely dried your hands in less than 10 seconds flat without touching anything! Amazing!!
***
6. Coffee & Cake - I'm totally addicted to good strong European coffee now - right now it is Jacob's Crema, so rich, bold and creamy. I don't know if I'll be able to readjust to American coffee.
***
7. Thinking Green - Austrians really put forth an extra effort to not be wasteful and to do the best thing for the environment. Geothermal heating, solar power panels, recycling - if everybody does it, it really does make a difference. It's not always the easiest or cheapest way, but it is usually the best way.
***
8. A good Social System - The best in Europe. But you cannot complain about next to Free great medical care. I'm not about to join the Social 'New Party' (lol kevin!) But I mean, my perscription that used to cost me over $50 for 8 pills, now costs 4 euros! Fill 'er up!
***
9. HOFER - An inexpensive grocery/random store. It's smaller than most CVS pharmacies - but not only can I buy inexpensive staples (my sausage, cheese and bread), but I just might be able to find a golf bag or duct tape next to the ice cream! It's truly a different experience every week!
***
10. Farm Fresh Eggs - from the farmer down the road. They are huge (about twice the size of normal store bought eggs) and so yellow once they are cooked. Not to mention delicious and FREE!